Escondido Bankruptcy Law Attorney
Located in Escondido, The Law Office of Judith A. Descalso represents individuals and small business owners throughout California in the legal areas of bankruptcy law. Our lawyer, Judith A. Descalso, is a certified by the State Bar of California as a bankruptcy specialist and has more than 25 years of legal experience. She and her legal staff pledge to provide legal services with the highest level of professionalism and integrity.You can turn to our firm for assistance with regard to the following bankruptcy-related matters:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: We help individuals file under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code. Our firm will dispel the rumors and myths of bankruptcy and help you get the relief you need.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy: We help individuals and business owners with significant secured debts who may not qualify for Chapter 13 with Chapter 11 bankruptcy. We will help you get through this complicated process and educate you for the future.
- Bankruptcy and divorce: We assist clients who need to file bankruptcy either pre- or post-divorce. We understand the challenges of each and will help you through the process as efficiently as possible.
- Bankruptcy alternatives: If bankruptcy is not the best option for you, we can help determine if debt consolidation or a debt settlement is right for you.
- Mortgage foreclosure: Contrary to what you might believe, you may be able to keep your house if you still make the payments. We will help you weigh the pros and cons of foreclosure defense options.
- Secured and unsecured debts: We will explain how a bankruptcy affects secured and unsecured debts and what types of tax considerations may arise.
- Assets and exemptions: Need to know what is considered exempt under the California bankruptcy laws? We can help. We will explain what assets you can keep and answer questions you may have about reaffirming debts.
- Tax considerations: We will walk you through tax issues that may arise in bankruptcy and how that may affect your particular situation.
- Credit card debt: Learn how most, if not all, credit card debt can be eliminated in bankruptcy.
- Protecting IRAs and 401(k)s: Based on various factors, you can protect ERISA-qualified 401(k) plans. IRAs can be exempted as well, based on what you need to support your family and your inability to rebuild an asset of that value. We will educate you on your options and work hard to protect the hard-earned money you saved for the future.
- Should both spouses file?: Learn the benefits and considerations to having both spouses file for either Chapter 7 or Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Can my creditor challenge my discharge: Yes. Learn more about how working with an experienced California bankruptcy attorney can likely yield the best outcome for your situation.
- Myths about bankruptcy: Learn what myths exist about bankruptcy and what the actual benefits are.
- Life after bankruptcy: You can begin to see the benefits of bankruptcy immediately after you file the petition. Learn how you can get a fresh start and what the benefits are after the petition is filed.
Contact Our Debt Discharge Attorney
To schedule a free initial consultation with our Escondido bankruptcy law attorney, please contact us online by filling out a brief contact form. We can also be reached by phone at our two offices. Our office is at 760-670-4863 or 866-497-6196.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.